It was such an honour to have Gail as a The Wedding Collective Real Bride as she studied with our owner, Marié at University and is such a beautiful soul. She looked incredible on her wedding day in her Janita Toerien Maxine ball gown. Below she shared her story with us:
- How did you meet your husband and how did you get engaged?
I met Brett during the 2010 Soccer World Cup, he got my number from my sisters friend and contacted me. He had the most handsome voice over the phone. After talking over the phone for a few weeks we met up and that’s where it all started.
In August 2015, we visited Oubaai just outside of George. He surprised me with a picnic on the whale deck and popped the question there in the rain with the most amazing views.
- Where did you get married and why did you choose that venue and time of year for your wedding?
We looked at many venues and came across Lace on Timber while they were still building the venue. We loved the look and feel of the mood boards that the owners showed us and could definitely see their vision coming alive. We were the first couple to book our wedding, it took place on 10 September 2016. Spring was such a perfect time for us to get married.
- What was the vibe of your wedding?
Semi-formal with a laid back vibe. We served canapes under the trees, the guests were entertained with live music and lawn games while we were taking wedding photos. Where after a seated reception, plenty music and dancing on the dance floor which opened up to a big fire in a boma area.
- How did you hear about The Wedding Collective?
Marie, the owner of the Wedding Collective and I studied together. I followed her business on social media and fell in love with the pictures she would post of her stunning studio with all the beautiful dresses.
- What made you choose your wedding dress?
It was love at first sight! I loved the bodice, from the soft colours to the intricate lace and bead work. It was pure perfection.
- How was your wedding dress experience from fittings to the final product?
Marie has so much experience working with brides and wedding dresses, she knew exactly what I was looking for in a wedding dress and helped me find it. My dress was actually the very first dress that she suggested I try on. The fact that she knew the designer personally and had the dress sent to Cape Town for alterations just confirmed to me how she is always willing to bend backwards to help make every bride find her perfect dress.
- Do you have any advice or tips for new brides-to-be looking for their perfect wedding dress?
Try on as many different styles of dresses before choosing which one you love the most. A dress always looks different on a hanger or on someone else than it does on you.
- Who was your wedding photographer?
Simone Franzel Photography, she is absolutely an expert in her field.
- Any other vendors you would like to recommend to new brides-to-be? Orpen Film Company
- What was your most memorable part of your wedding day?
Seeing my husband while walking down the aisle.
- Do you have any advice regarding the overall planning of a wedding?
Slow down and enjoy every second, it goes by so quickly.