- How did you meet your husband and how did you get engaged?
We met four years ago at a mutual friend’s house. We immediately clicked and started dating very soon after that.
Two years later, we along with both our families, went to the Kruger National Park for a holiday. He went down on one knee with the most amazing Dear Rae ring.
- Where did you get married and why did you choose that venue and time of year for your wedding?
We got married on my husband’s game farm just outside Pretoria. We wanted to get married there because it is our favourite place in the world. We have shared some of our best times there, so it was an easy choice! But it was hard work, because we had to do everything on our own and we had to rent everything that we needed.
We got married at the end of April – less rainfall and that is the most beautiful time of the year on the farm.
- What was the vibe of your wedding?
It was a warm, cosy atmosphere in the heart of the Bushveld. We wanted to leave the décor to a minimum so that you can experience the nature.
- How did you hear about The Wedding Collective?
I was looking at Janita Toerien’s website, and then I saw it is available in Pretoria! Best news ever!
- What made you choose your wedding dress?
I fell in love with the top on day one. The biggest decision was choosing the skirt. The more I was thinking about it, I just could not get that soft tulle out of my head!
- How was your wedding dress experience from fittings to the final product?
I had a wonderful time. I was well understood and I was excited to go fit every time.
- Do you have any advice or tips for new brides-to-be looking for their perfect wedding dress?
Do not fit every dress available, because you are making your discussion difficult.
- Who was your wedding photographer?
- Any other vendors you would like to recommend to new brides-to-be?
Our flowers were done by Feasts and Flowers from Parys.
My amazing bridesmaid’s dresses was specially made by Margot Molyneux.
My jewelry was from Dear Rae.
Make up was done by Gartier Wedding Brand.
Groom and groomsmen’s vellies was from Sapmok.
Stationary and printing was done by Maxwell creative living + design.
Food was by Blue Crane Restaurant.
We rented a lot of items from Lunikhy Game Farm.
- What was your most memorable part of your wedding day?
Walking down the isle and seeing my husband and all my friends and family wanting to witness this beautiful event in our lives.
- Do you have any advice regarding the overall planning of a wedding?
It is a lot of hard work to do everything yourself. We were lucky enough with a lot of amazing friends who were willing to help.
Stay true to yourself and your own style. And enjoy the day! Do not let your emotions overwhelm you, time flies!