- How did you meet your husband and how did you get engaged?
I met my husband when I was out celebrating my 40 days in Hatfield Square (Haha). We got engaged on a game farm. We went horseback riding and had a picnic after. During our picnic in the bush, he got down on one knee!
- Where did you get married and why did you choose that venue and time of year for your wedding?
We got married at Kuungana Bush Lodge in November 2019. We liked that the venue had a bush/ rustic feel. It was exactly what we were looking for. We got married in November because it was the first date available at our venue 😀
- What was the vibe of your wedding?
Our wedding was rustic and very green! We used a lot of greenery in our flower arrangements.
- How did you hear about The Wedding Collective?
I came across their Facebook page and fell in love with the dresses they advertised!
- What made you choose your wedding dress?
The lace! I loooved the lace on my dress! And I loved the fact that it wasn’t white. It was nice to break tradition a little.
- How was your wedding dress experience from fittings to the final product?
I loved the experience. Every time I went for a fitting, I did not want to take the dress off. Marié is super friendly. She made me feel very comfortable and was extremely helpful in choosing my dress.
- Do you have any advice or tips for new brides-to-be looking for their perfect wedding dress?
It is very important not to fit dresses that are outside of your budget! I would further suggest fitting various styles of dresses. You might think that you like a certain style, but then another style looks better on you.
- Who was your wedding photographer?
- Any other vendors you would like to recommend to new brides-to-be?
Hair: Emi at Salon Ancois & Make-up: Chené Wiese Professional Make Up Artistry
- What was your most memorable part of your wedding day?
The whole day was just perfect! Nothing went wrong (that I know of). One of the stand out moments was when my dad saw me in my wedding dress for the first time. We both teared up and made all my bridesmaids cry as well.
- Do you have any advice regarding the overall planning of a wedding?
Do what you want to do and how you want to do it. This is YOUR day! Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise 🙂