- How did you meet your husband and how did you get engaged?
Well, we knew about each other in high school, but never formally met until I liked his new starting job at Toyota on Facebook. What can I say, I’m a farm girl who likes Toyota bakkies 🙂
After 2 years he took me to Ballito for my birthday and we were ‘supposed’ to make a video for our family at home waiting to see the beach view and then BAM, he gets down on one knee while the camera was on record.
- Where did you get married and why did you choose that venue and time of year for your wedding?
We tied the knot on 26 September 2020 at Rosemary Hill Farm because of it’s family charm, lots of accommodation, unique chapel and good vibes. September was chosen as the month because this is the time when everything starts blooming beautifully for spring just after the winter.
- What was the vibe of your wedding?
It was intimate and cozy, lots of candles and fairy lights with autumn colours. We had to keep it small due to lockdown regulations at the time.
- How did you hear about The Wedding Collective?
I absolutely fell in love with The Wedding Collective’s style of dresses on Instagram, it’s totally different from any other bridal dress shop I visited! It also looked like a cozy place to visit, and man did they exceed my expectations 🙂
- What made you choose your wedding dress?
The lace! I saw the lace on one of The Wedding Collective’s previous bride’s and just had to have it. I also wanted something dreamy and different, and they definitely captured that in my custom design.
- How was your wedding dress experience from fittings to the final product?
Just awesome. It’s a beautiful, petit bridal shop with Lana Del Rey always playing in the background (totally calms your nerves down). Marié always makes you feel super special with each visit and she is in it with you emotionally, from beginning ’till the end.
- Do you have any advice or tips for new brides-to-be looking for their perfect wedding dress?
Don’t go for too many fittings and go for what you want! If you can picture yourself walking down the aisle with that dress, even though it’s a little bit out of your budget, go for it 🙂 It’s all worth it in the end.
- Who was your wedding photographer?
The amazing Megan & I
- Any other vendors you would like to recommend to new brides-to-be?
Wilde Bloem for decor 🙂
- What was your most memorable part of your wedding day?
Oh dear, I had so many, but the best part was looking my man in the eye and putting that ring on his finger!
- Do you have any advice regarding the overall planning of a wedding?
Ladies, set up that budget and to-do list on excel from the beginning and keep track. It’s easy to go over budget and forget the little things (I mean you’ve got wedding fever – this is an actual thing). Also, don’t try to do everything yourself and be too scared to ask for help from the women in your life, they know you probably better than you do! It;s also great to create your own wedding website on withjoy.com. They have beautiful templates!