- How did you meet your husband and how did you get engaged?
My husband and I met at a bar (whoops 😊), he pretended to be my boyfriend to get rid of a guy that wouldn’t leave me alone (just like in the movies 😊). We got engaged in Cape Town – we were there on holiday, renting a small place hidden in the mountains with a deck that overlooked the ocean. He asked me there over sunset.
- Where did you get married and why did you choose that venue and time of year for your wedding?
We got married at The Rasmus Boutique Hotel in Pretoria. We chose the venue because it was very intimate, the food was amazing (so good), and it was a very unique setting (we always wanted a garden wedding). They also allowed us to book out the whole venue (it had multiple rooms for guests to stay over). We got married in the end of September, we didn’t want it to be cold and we also wanted to miss rain (because it was an outdoor wedding 😊).
- What was the vibe of your wedding?
Very intimate (family / friends orientated) – not serious at all – just a big celebration.
- How did you hear about The Wedding Collective?
My wedding photographer suggest them.
- What made you choose your wedding dress?
I tried on various different styles, based on this I had a dress designed to match exactly what I was looking for.
- How was your wedding dress experience from fittings to the final product?
We finalised the dress design the day before the first lock down so I was a little stressed. But everything was handled perfectly – I had nothing to worry about. Everyone was so friendly and did SO MUCH extra effort to make sure everything was perfect (10/10 would always recommend – refer to picture here 😊)
- Do you have any advice or tips for new brides-to-be looking for their perfect wedding dress?
Try on different styles (even if you have your mind set on one), some might surprise you 😊 Enjoy it and don’t take anyone along that’ll make you feel bad about yourself.
- Who was your wedding photographer?
- Any other vendors you would like to recommend to new brides-to-be?
Nina Buys (wedding photographer), The Rasmus Boutique Hotel (venue), Even Societe (flowers and décor) and Wedding Collective (dress) 😉
- What was your most memorable part of your wedding day?
Walking down the isle and seeing my husband to be for the first time 😊
- Do you have any advice regarding the overall planning of a wedding?
Just have fun !