• How did you meet your husband and how did you get engaged?
We know each other since high school and dated when he was in grade 11 and I was in grade 9. We rekindled the romance after 7 years. Perfect timing! We got engaged at Moonshot near Menlyn. My little sister helped him organise the most perfect sunset engagement.
• Where did you get married and why did you choose that venue and time
of year for your wedding?
We got married on 12 December in Muldersdrift at Ground. I loved the venue the first time I saw it, and it matched my vision for my wedding perfectly. We decided to get married within three months and we were so lucky that they had the date available.
• What was the vibe of your wedding?
From the start I wanted something minimalistic and elegant. Nicci Campbell helped me to organise my dream wedding.
• How did you hear about The Wedding Collective?
• What made you choose your wedding dress?
It was exactly the dress I had in mind. I wanted something plain but still elegant and beautiful. I tried on a lot of different wedding dresses but once you find your perfect dress you will definitely know it is the one.
• How was your wedding dress experience from fittings to the final
We had less than 3 months to make my wedding dress and Mari and her team went out of their way to help me. I enjoyed every fitting. They were so friendly and professional. I never had to worry about anything regarding my dress because I knew it would be perfect. I would recommend The Wedding Collective to any bride-to-be.
• Do you have any advice or tips for new brides-to-be looking for their perfect wedding dress?
Try on different styles, you might be surprised with what suits you the best! Enjoy every moment.
• Who was your wedding photographer?
A Bear photography. They are the BEST!
• Any other vendors you would like to recommend to new brides-to-be?
A Bear photography, Ground the venue, Nicci Campbell Events, J&C Décor (flowers & décor), Skulpted by Kai (Kaila Botha) for make-up.
• What was your most memorable part of your wedding day?
Every part of the day was special from waking up with my bridesmaids, walking down the aisle and seeing my soon to be husband waiting for me, and enjoying the party afterwards. God just blessed us with the most perfect day.
• Do you have any advice regarding the overall planning of a wedding?
Enjoy every moment and have fun. It really goes by so fast! Don’t stress about small things on your wedding day. It is the best day ever.